In this blog post, you will learn how to install and configure ShareThis Share Buttons plugin to a WordPress site.
First, let me give you a short introduction about what is ShareThis. ShareThis is a platform sharing tool that allows sharing of content across 40+ social channels. It gives users freedom to share contents in social media channels like Facebook, Twitter and more.
Let's Get Started!
- Navigate to plugins page /wp-admin/plugins.php
- Click Add New button
- Type Sharethis on Search box
- Install and activate the plugin
- Navigate on sharethis general configuration.
- You can either choose Inline Share Buttons or Get Sticky Share Buttons but for now let's choose Sticky Share Buttons.
- Choose which social networks you want to enable sharethis by clicking the icons, for now let's keep the default settings.
- After choosing social networks scroll down and hit the green Register button.
- Click the green button Register and Configure.
- If you already have an existing account on ShareThis navigate on ShareThis configuration page and click the link Login and connect your property.
- Login your ShareThis account.
- Click the green button Connect or Create New Property.
- Voila! after that navigate to home page and you should be able to see the ShareThis icons on the left side now.